Piccolo Organic Apple & Appricot with a pinch of cinnamon (Stage 1 - 100g )
Expiry date : November 17, 2019
The sweet and juicy apples in this recipe are balanced perfectly by the tangy richness of the fresh apricots. A pinch of cinnamon lifts and warms this classic purée which can be enjoyed on its own or swirled into full fat Greek yoghurt or porridge.
This product contains no allergens.
- 200g organic apples, (e.g. gala or Pink Lady’s), peeled and cored (around two apples)
- 30g fresh ripe apricots (about 2 small or 1 large) peeled and cored (if not in season you can soak 2 dried, unsulphered dried apricots in a little boiling water for 15 minutes and whizz up with the apple)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- lace the chopped apples in a pan, add a little water and simmer for five minutes until soft.
- While the apple is cooking you can skin the apricots. Prepare a bowl of ice cold water, then score crosses into the top and bottom of the apricots and place in a pan of water that has been boiled.
- Leave for 30 seconds, then remove and place into the bowl of ice water and leave for a minute.
- Take out the apricots and you should be able to easily remove the skin. Then you can cut the apricots in half and remove the stone.
- Add cinnamon to the apples and apricots, mix, and puree.